Questions to Ask Yourself…
We place so much emphasis on understanding others and making other people happy that we may forget what we really want to get out of life. I think it’s important to know what you’re passionate about and what makes YOU happy, so you can work towards your dreams. I’ve developed a list of questions you could ask yourself, to help to think about what you want from life.
“Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. It’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.”Kristin Hannah
It might be useful to jot the answers down so you can refer back to them later. Another idea is to cut the questions out, put them into a jar and pick out a couple randomly to answer each day. You could even display the list somewhere you can see it and answer some of the questions each day to remind yourself. Answering these questions honestly might give you more of an insight into what YOU really want your life to look like, instead of what you think it should look like by other people’s standards.
This is probably a good place to start, consolidating your overarching views. You could write down 3 key values or principles that you think are important, such as looking out for others or treating people equally.
Then move on to answering the questions below:
- Would I like an office based job?
- Do I think money or job satisfaction is more important?
- Would I like to help others through my job?
- Who is my career role model?
- What is my dream job?
- What would this job give me?
- What opportunities would I like from this job?
- How would I get my dream job?
- How could I challenge myself in my career?
- Who benefits from the job that I have/ would like to have?
- Who’s opinion do I value the most?
- Why are the people in my life important to me?
- Who makes me happy?
- The best compliment I’ve received is?
- I would like people to see me as someone who…
- How have I helped other people?
- Do peoples opinions influence my actions?
- Who do I look up to?
- Why do I look up to these people?
- Do the people in my life make me happy?
- Where would my dream home be?
- Would I like to live close to family/ friends?
- What would my dream home look like?
- Would I prefer a smaller or larger home?
- Would I prefer to live alone or with others?
- Would I prefer to live in the countryside or the city?
- What are 3 things I would like to have in my home?
- Do I prefer minimalist spaces or those with lots of decoration?
- Would I rather live in an old house or a brand new house?
- What are my favourite things about where I live now?
- When am I most proud of myself?
- What is my ultimate goal in life?
- What makes me stressed? Can I change this?
- What makes me happy?
- What motivates me?
- What are 5 things that I’d like to accomplish?
- What are 3 bits of advice that have helped me?
- Describe the person you would like to be in 10 years
- What are the happiest moments of my life?
- What are some things I can do that make me feel relaxed
- How important is it for me to have lots of money?
- What am I grateful for that costs nothing?
- Am I happy with where I am financially now?
- Where would I like to be financially in 10 years?
- How confident am I with managing my money?
- How could I get better at managing my money?
- What would I do with a million pounds?
- Who do I take financial advice from? Are they the right people to listen to?
- Do I need to spend money to be happy?
- Do I spend money on things I need or I want?
- What are my favourite things to do in my free time?
- What are 3 new things would I like to try?
- What would I like to get better at?
- I would like to learn more about…
- How much time do I give to hobbies?
- Are there any hobbies that I gave up on but would like to start again?
- What activities make me happy?
- What activities make me feel relaxed?
- What activities make me feel motivated?
- Should I make more time for activities that make me happy?
- What would be my three wishes for the world?
- My favourite place to walk is..
- 3 things I do that make the world a better place now
- Where is my happy place?
- Describe your happy place
- What is 1 thing you would change about the world?
- Where is my favourite place to travel?
- Would I like to travel more if I could?
- What are 3 things I could do to help the planet?
- Where are 5 places I would like to visit?